After staring at faces of octogenarians, nonagenarians, and loads of septuagenarians, these past two decades, I think I see the secret to lovely aging!
The most attractive 70-,80-, and 90-year-olds are the ones who:
- smile as soon as they meet you
- lean forward to listen to what you have to say (yeah – some is to back up the hearing with lip reading, but it’s mostly out of interest)
- are immediately adn enthusiastically engaged in whatever the conversation is about
- ask questions…(and not just “whadja say?”…but really, about what you just said.
- are current with the news
- have opinions, and passion, but frowns are fleeting
- love their food, notice the sky, comment on what’s in front of their eyes
- touch and don’t mind being touched (or hugged)
- shun “organ recitals” (of what’s aching)
- look at others and the sites around them instead of the mirror. Let’s face it – you can’t see the wrinkles on yourself if you’re looking at someone else.